LAST UPDATED 04.15.20. Replaces the prior version in its entirety.
Our Policy Towards Children
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see the section entitled “Special Information for California Residents” below for more information.
The Information That We Collect
When you visit the Website, you provide us with two types of information: website usage information that is collected by us as you interact with the Website and personal information that you knowingly choose to disclose as part of your use of the Website.
A. Automatic Data Collection
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
B. Registration Information. When you fill out a registration page in order to seek information about our products or services, or take advantage of other features of the Website that require registration, you provide certain personal information that we request as part of the registration process, such as your name, your email address, your company name, your company’s physical address and your telephone number. By using the Website, you are consenting to have your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
Search Engines and Other Sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with the Company – including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com – archive or otherwise may crawl the Website and make available content from the Website.
How We Use Your Information
Information in your registration profile that you choose to include is used only by the Company for its own internal purposes. We may use your name and email address to provide information, products, or services that you request from us, to send you notifications regarding changes to the Website, or to send you notifications regarding new products or services offered by the Company, industry updates and other developments that we think you might be interested in learning about. You always have the ability to opt out of receiving such communications and/or to delete your information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting the deletion of your e-mail address from the Company’s e-mail list.
The Company may use information about you or your movement or activities within the Website in an anonymous, aggregate manner that does not disclose your identity or any personally identifiable information for purposes of determining how the Website is being used and improving the Website’s content and/or performance.
Disclosure of Information
- The Company may provide information to the Company’s own employees and service providers to help us operate the Website and to provide the services to you that are offered through the Website. This type of sharing may include disclosures to third parties who host the Website, help deliver e-mail updates or otherwise provide back-end services. These providers will only be able to use such information subject to the Company’s rights to do so and only for purposes of performing the services that the Company contracts with them to provide on the Company’s behalf.
- The Company may be required to disclose personal information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We do not reveal information unless we have a good faith belief that an information request by law enforcement or private litigants meets applicable legal standards.
- We may share personal information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, to protect our interests or property, to prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the Website, or to prevent imminent harm to any person or group of people. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, your registration information may be transferred to the successor-in-interest so that the Website can continue to operate. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Storing and Transferring Your Personal Information
The Company is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of up-to date security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store any personal information you provide on computer systems with limited access. These systems are located in controlled facilities. When we transmit highly confidential information over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. However, you should keep in mind that no Internet communication is ever completely secure or error-free. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
International Transfers of Your Personal Information
Retaining Your Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of our legitimate business interests and satisfying any legal or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and the applicable legal requirements.
Your Rights in Respect of Your Personal Information
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access and transferability. The right to obtain access to your personal information along with certain information, and to receive that personal information in a commonly used format and to have it transported to another data controller.
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your personal information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to delete. The right to have your personal information deleted without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the personal information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
If you reside in the European Union (EU), the Company is the controller of your personal information for purposes of European data protection legislation. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available at ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Choices and Access to Information
- You can choose not to provide registration information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of certain features of the Website.
- You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to or correct any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- You can have your information deleted and/or remove your information from our e-mail list by notifying the Company of such request at firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
- The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Special Information For California Residents
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights concerning the Company’s collection and use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Links to Third Party Websites
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and the Company does not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or for the content. The Company encourages its visitors to be aware when they leave the Website and to read the privacy statements of each website they visit.
Notice to You